2011 NRHSA show set in new Las Vegas location
March 30, 2011
The 2011 National Retail Hobby Store Association Table Top Expo is scheduled for May 1-4 at the Orleans Hotel in Las Vegas, Nev. The event features products from manufacturers across the industry in a less formal trade show setting.
The event has moved from the Las Vegas Hilton, where it’s been for the past several years. Room rates are lower at the Orleans, which organizers hope will draw more dealers.
The week’s events get started on Sunday, with the annual golf outing. Monday features plenty of dealer educational seminars, including:
- 90 Days to Being a (More) Profitable Retailer presented by Doug Fleener
- Why Carry Slot Cars? Because They Make You More Money! Presented by Bryan Young, SCX
- How to be Successful Selling Trains presented by Rich Janyszek & Ray Buteux, Bachmann Trains
- A Beginners guide to DCC presented by Buteux & Janyszek
- HPI Racing Seminar
- Raise the Bar! How to Create and Profit from an Extraordinary Team presented by Fleener
- Traxxas Seminar
There will also be roundtable sessions, a Dealer-to-Dealer Seminar with the NRHSA Annual Membership Meeting, an update on R/C flight from the AMA, and a bowling tournament.
Tuesday features an indoor flying demonstration and industry luncheon for retailers and exhibitors before the Table Top Expo opens at 1:30 p.m. The day finishes with a pool party.
Wednesday’s events include a R/C car demonstration and outdoor flying in the Orleans’ parking lot. The show runs 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., finishing with a power networking session that afternoon.